Register to Vote or
Update Your Registration
There are several ways you can register to vote or update your name, address, party affiliation, etc. on your existing voter registration.
Register to vote or update your registration by visiting RegistertoVoteFlorida.gov (https://registertovoteflorida.gov).
You can download a Florida Voter Registration Application and fill it out at home.
You must mail or deliver your application to our office.
(English PDF https://dos.myflorida.com/media/703131/dsde39-english-pre-7066-052120.pdf)
Pick up a Voter Registration Application Form at:
- Supervisor of Elections Office
- Driver's License Office
- Public Assistance Offices
- Public Libraries
- Offices that serve people with disabilities
- Armed Forces Recruitment Offices
Be sure to completely fill in the registration form, sign it, and return it to our office located at:
2851 Jefferson St
Marianna, FL 32448
Eligibility to Register
Chapter 97 of the Florida Statutes governs the qualifications and registration of voters in the State of Florida.
To be eligible to register and vote in Jackson County, Florida, you must be:
- 18 years of age (You may pre-register on or after your 16th birthday, but you must be 18 to vote.)
- a citizen of the United states
- a legal resident of Florida
- a legal resident of Jackson County
The following persons are not eligible to register or to vote:
- Persons who have been adjudicated mentally incapacitated with respect to voting, and who have not had their competency restored.
- Persons who have been convicted of a felony and whose rights relating to voting have not been restored.
Deadline to Register or Update Your Party Affiliation
The deadline to register to vote is 29 days before any election. You may update your registration at any time, but for a Primary Election, party changes must be completed 29 days before that election. You will be mailed a voter registration card if your new registration is complete or if you make any updates to your registration. You will be contacted if your new application is incomplete or denied.